Monday, December 31, 2012

Quiche. Goat Cheese Quiche.

One of my favorite things is goat cheese.  So amazing with pears and french bread. (see Ta Da for my goat cheese tray with friends)  When I saw a recipe for a Goat Cheese Quiche, I just had to jump on it.  I didn't want to make one big quiche per the recipe, so I pulled out my 6 inch spring form pans and made 4.


First I mixed frozen (but thawed) hash browns with some butter and egg and pressed it into the bottoms of the pans I had lined with parchment.


While it baked for 15 minutes to get a little crispy, I blended sour cream and goat cheese for the filling.


It seems like a lot of eggs, 12 in all, but really that is only 3 per quiche.  And it's QUICHE!  It's supposed to have eggs.


I used my new emulsion blender to beat in the eggs.


Did I mention it took a dozen eggs?


Next time I'll bake the crust 5 minutes longer to really get it crisp or maybe increase the baking temperature to 400 degrees.  Also, I didn't run the potato up the sides like the recipe calls for; I just covered the bottom.


Anyway, I divided the egg mix into the 4 pans (1 cup of filling each), and threw in a chopped mushroom and green onion into each quiche.  I adjusted the cooking time and baked for 30 minutes until the center was just slightly jiggly.


A salad on the side finished the meal.


So yummy.  We ate 3 for dinner one night, and I ate the left over one tonight.  Breck and Trevor finished off the Cream of Crab Soup and said it reheated well.  It's a good thing.  I worried the crab would get tough, but it didn't.

Happy New Year, everyone!