Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Peppermint Fudge For My Sweet Tooth

Christmas Party Season (yes, that is an official title) has begun.  I have already missed one party, as I was delayed in my return to town after our east Texas excursion this weekend.  Today I have another.  For this one I wanted to bring a dessert, something sweet and seasonal.  Peppermint Fudge.


The chocolate, marshmallow creme and Andes Mints got poured in a bowl.


Meanwhile, the cream, butter, and sugar were boiled on the stove for 5 minutes.


Then all that hot, melted goodness got poured over the goodies in the bowl to melt.


So pretty.


Perfectly pink peppermint.



That got poured in a pan and topped with peppermint marshmallows, more white chocolate, and crushed candy canes.


The close-up is enough to give me a cavity.


Very pretty, very sweet, and I will cut them into very small servings.


It's fudge, after all.  It's meant to be served in small portions.


More on this tomorrow after the party.