Monday, December 17, 2012

Neighbor Gifts and More Party Prep

I knew Sunday would be spent in the kitchen getting all the food prepped for the party so I invited a couple of my favorite neighbors over to entertain me.  They were wonderful company, and fantastic guinea pigs taste testers.  If their taste buds are correct, I think the food will be a hit.  Thanks Peggy and Lucy.  You made the day so much fun.

There were a couple Christmas goodies for them when they got here.  


I made these guys for the husbands with some pipe cleaners, googly eyes (official term) and pom poms.  I think they are adorable.


And that biscotti I made was great for the gals.  I slipped some cute scrapbook paper into freezer bags, cut a wide strip of more paper to fold over and cover the freezer bag top to make it cute and slipped in the cookies.  Since biscotti has no fats in the recipe (butter, oil, or shortening) I knew it wouldn't stain the paper and make it unappealing.  Hard to get a pretty picture through the plastic, but you get the idea.


Before the ladies got here I made up these Pudding Cakes for dessert.


I love how they look like Christmas puddings.  I found the sprinkles at the Dollar General.  Yes, I do shop at the dollar store.  Have you ever tried it?


I packed them in an airtight container that my wonderful husband ran to the store to get for me so they would keep fresh until this afternoon.  They are going to be so pretty on my Christmas china when I put out the food.


Now it is the morning of the party.  The house is as clean as it is going to get, all the food is made (though I wish I had time to make a few more goodies), and after I finish my morning coffee I'll be off to work.  I hope I remember to get some pictures at the party so I can show you some of the other appetizers.