Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cookie Exchange Treats

Don't forget to vote on the new poll!

The Cookie Exchange date is quickly approaching.  In fact, it's Monday.  This weekend, therefore, is totally devoted to getting things ready: the house, the food, the beverages, and the treats.  If you have been following me since last Christmas, you may remember that I made Christmas clipboards for everyone to take the recipes home on.


This year I found some cute Christmas spatulas to tie the recipe cards to.  


They went together quickly once I got all the tools together.


I threaded the wire twist tie from the bows through the holes I punched in the cards.


A quick twist around the handle held it in place.


Then I added another wire ribbon around to give it a little more cuteness.


Now they are finished, just waiting for the tablescape to come together so they can be displayed.


I also made the Asian Meatballs that will be one of the appetizers I plan to serve.  I made a lot, so I tested them out on Breck.  They got his approval.


I also made some great Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti.


I'll tell you more about this tomorrow.


It's part of a bigger picture.


For now I'm done, but there is a lot to do tomorrow.