Sunday, December 30, 2012

Brussell Sprouts and Crab

One of the things on my list for 2013 is to gather recipes and photos of the food I make to put a cookbook together.  I realize it's still 2012, but my son Trevor is in town and his diet preferences really stretch me from my norm, so I am starting early.

These, my friends, are peppercorns.  Not special ones from an expensive shop.  Cheap from the shelves of HEB.  Are they not gorgeous?  At the very least, they are interesting.  (Have I mentioned I love my macro lens?)


I ground them up with the mortar and pestle that my son Cameron and his girlfriend Daniela gave me for Christmas.  I wish you could hear the sound it made.  Thanks, guys.  I have been wanting one for a long time.  Looks great on my counter, too.


I used the ground pepper to season some brussell sprouts.  I also used some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and grey sea salt.


I roasted at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.


I served them on the side with some Cream of Crab Soup.  Isn't that pretty?


Add some sourdough bread and it was a great dinner for a cold night.


Okay, I forgot the libations.  This Chardonnay was perfect with the Cream of Crab Soup.


Kracken thought is smelled like something for him, so he curled up under the table to wait for his share.


When he realized he was not going to get any, he wandered off, only to be replaced by Rudy.


I do love my Inhibitors.