Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, the holiday that marks the beginning of sweets season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, and ending with Easter).  I hope you all are enjoying it in your own way.  Over the years I have enjoyed decking out the yard in grave stones and skeletons, handing out candy to the neighborhood kids, and indulging in one of my guilty pleasures and a Templeton tradition:  Chinese take-out.


It's a strange tradition, I know.  It started in 1990 when our oldest son went trick-or-treating for the first time and we have been doing it ever since.

This day also marks a 2nd anniversary for us.  This day in 2010 Breck and I closed on this house and began making it our home.  Here is what it looked like on that day after we did our final walk through before heading to the title company to sign.



Looks much different today.  I would post a picture, but it's too late and dark to take one.  Maybe I'll slip one in tomorrow.