Sunday, October 14, 2012

American Arts and Crafts Style

I am aware that it has been a LONG time since I have posted.  Yes, I have cooked since the last post.  Yes, I have traveled since my last post.  And yes, I have been creative since my last post.  But I have been lazy since my last post as well.  So sorry.

To catch you up, I drove to Georgia for my sister-in-law's wedding.  No, I am not going to regale you with romantic tales of the wedding or the breathtaking letters the Pastor read.  Girly is not really my style.  I do want to share some the pictures I took of the small Wedding Chapel at the State Botanical Gardens of Georgia.

It is tucked away at the end of a woodsy path that descends down a gentle hill.


From the outside you would never guess it was a chapel,



nor that it is filled with evidence of splendid craftsmanship.



 Only the doors


and their knobs lend a clue.


The interior doors are just as amazing.


The cypress wood work is so warm and precise.


Notice the windows mirror the design of the front doors (picture number 4).


Every detail is a treat.


Truly, when Breck and I designed our home 3 years ago, we very much wanted to incorporate an Arts and Crafts style into her bones.  Maybe in the years ahead as we progress with our decorating, we can use this chapel as inspiration.