Saturday, October 27, 2012

A B&B Weekend


Breck and I have been planning this trip for months.  All things considered, we picked the perfect weekend with our first real cold front pushing in.  We headed to Comfort, Texas and the Meyer Bed & Breakfast.


We checked into the office and got directions to our little cabin.  You can tell from the flags that it was a blustery afternoon.


Meyer consists of several cabins and houses.  Loved the scarecrow on the porch of this one.


Down a path . . .


. . . through an ivy arbor . . .


We found our spot.  Cute, huh?


Love the old stone foundation, window box, and porch swing from the tree along the creek behind us.


The inside has a sitting room, fireplace, screened in porch over looking the creek, a claw foot tub, and these wonderful lamps.  If it wasn't illegal I would tuck them in my suitcase.


After dumping our stuff, we headed down to the creek to check out the lay of the land.  Breck found this tire swing and just had to test it out.


From our window I could see these guys, so when Breck finished reliving a piece of his childhood we headed over for a closer look.



We are Longhorn fans, so this was a real treat.  You also may or may not know that I love cows.  They are on my Always Makes Me Smile list.  (I may need to make a tab for that.)


Now for the beautiful creek.


We crossed over a stone path with the intention of checking out a deer feeder and old barn we saw from the room window.


As soon as I took this picture, however, we heard the feeder go off.  Not wanting to scare off any deer that might be heading in, we turned back over the stone steps and up the hill.


Looking back over my shoulder before making my own way across, I realized we made the right decision   These guys were under the feeder checking us out.


Once back on our side we parked ourselves in a couple Adirondack chairs and watched the deer come in.


So lovely.


Believe it or not, these 19 pictures document our first 45 minutes in Comfort.  I took 235.  More to come as we take on another adventure or two this fall weekend.