Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Noise Reduction equals More Beauty Sleep

I will preface this by saying that I am not complaining.  I am not.  I wake up and start my work day (and every day) before my husband.  While I am drinking my morning coffee, my wonderful husband is still blissfully sleeping.  I don't mind.  I like having the house to myself in the mornings before the craziness of my day begins.  The last thing I want to do is make so much noise that I wake my husband.

In the interest of Breck's sleep and my quiet mornings, I decided to tackle an over due project: my bathroom drawers.  Every time I reach for my floss or deodorant everything in the drawer shifts and the sound seems loud enough to wake the dead (and Breck).  I started by emptying everything out to the counters so I could see what I had.


I began to purge at this point.  It was truly ridiculous.  This is not even the real "before" photo, more like the "middle."  Anyway, I cut and installed a padded shelf liner to the two drawers I use most.


Now my stuff fits and it doesn't shift around every time I open the draw so Breck can sleep through my morning routine.


See, I was telling the truth about the floss.


And now I have my uncluttered vanity back.


TMI?