Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Love Sean Bean

It's true, and yes my husband knows it.  I love everything Sean Bean has done and have seen most of his movies (miss him on Game of Thrones).  Recently my Facebook book friend Michael posted this video compilation of Sean Bean deaths.  I watched it more than twice.

Then I found this.
Sean said it so it must be true.   Pinterest is blowing up with Pumpkin recipes and crafts, Daniela reminded me that Starbucks is serving its seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte  (Sooooo yummy),
and last week I made Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins.  Today I tackled Pumpkin Scones.  A perfect addition to my freezer breakfast/snack stash. The ingredients were simple and I was able to use up canned pumpkin left over from the muffins.  I especially love that I got to use the Indonesian cinnamon that my daughter-in-law  daughter Regan gave me.  It smells and tastes so much stronger that the stuff I had been using.
The recipe called for wet in one bowl and dry in another, then mix together.  Easy right?
The savory scones I made last week were done in wedges, so I opted for squares this time.
They came out looking fabulous even without the glazes.  But you must have glazes.
Powdered sugar and milk drizzled over top.
Oh my!
Then a spiced glaze of powdered sugar, milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
Alas, into the freezer they went to be enjoyed another day.  On the upside they will be fantastic for 9 breakfasts.  *Though the recipe called for half and half, I used what I had, 2% milk, and everything worked out fine.