Sunday, September 30, 2012

A New Quilt

I mentioned at the end of yesterday's post that I had given myself permission to set my Dear Jane aside.  I have.  It has nothing to do with my enjoyment or desire to complete the quilt.  It's simply that I would like to do something else for a little while.  I spoke with my friend Andrea about this and she agreed that there is nothing wrong with having more than one project going at a time.  Ahhhhh.  Sigh of relief.  Now to my new project.

I have had this pattern and the fabric to make it for a couple years now.  


It has been sitting in my cabinet, neatly folded, waiting to be made into something cheerful.  A little scrappy, that tends to be my style.


I have most of the pieces cut and ready to go.  I have to be in the mood to cut and luckily today I was.  Rudy, Inhibitor #1, got in on the action.  He loves being a part of anything I do in the sewing room.


I kicked him off the block I completed so you could see how it was going.  I know the colors seem a little much, but there will be a lot more of the neutral to break it up.  And besides, it's a Christmas quilt.  It's allowed to be bright and loud.


Kracken (Inhibitor #2) likes hanging out with me too.  Besides enjoying the breeze in the open window from his perch on my ironing board, he found a way to entertain himself.  It doesn't take much for my playful boy.


So much like my husband who can (and will) make a game of anything.