Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to Work

It didn't go out with a flurry of projects.  I didn't scramble to finish any lists.  Summer for me just seemed to end unceremoniously.  Back to work.

I did get a lot of sewing done over the last 2 days.  At last count I completed 6 new blocks, and may make another before the night is through.  I have now made 105 out of the 169 blocks.  That's 62%.  Getting there slowly but surely.


I also can now vouch for some of the recipes that I made on my crazy day of cooking (Now to Put My Feet Up).  The Sausage Cheese Balls are amazing, as are the Sausage Cheese and Onion Muffins (hers have mushrooms but I left them out) and Zucchini Cakes.  I do recommend the oven reheating method for the Zucchini Cakes, but the microwave worked just fine on the other breakfasts.

Since my husband is out of town, I took the opportunity to indulge in one of my guilty pleasures; the SciFi Channel.  It was nonstop Vampires today.  I could not have thought of a better way to spend my day than watching Vampire movies (love Wesley Snipes in Blade) and sewing in my PJs, except of course with Breck if he were here.

Now back to work.