Saturday, August 25, 2012

Absentee Blogger

Things have been, as expected, a little crazy around here since going back to work.  Long days at the school, combined with birthday dinner celebrations with friends, and just getting used to the old routine again has made for a general lack of productivity around the house and blog posts.  Sorry about that.  I'll try and do better in the coming weeks starting with today.

I have been breaking into my freezer meals lately (Now to Put My Feet Up).  Breck and I had the Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas with sauteed red and green peppers, onions, and white queso cheese on Homemade Tortillas.  Very good eats, I must say, with enough left over for me to have for lunch.  Last night it was Italian Flank Steak Pinwheels.

With my busy schedule, it was nice to have this to take out of the freezer the night before to thaw in the refrigerator.


The only prep I needed to do was to stick 4 skewers into the pinwheels so I could make 1 inch slices.


Some of the filling fell out, but not much, and it didn't go to waste.


Onto the griddle for 6 minutes  on side one.


And 6 more minutes on side two.


I sprinkled the filling that had fallen out onto the top before serving.


I had Parmesan roasted potatoes and baked onion on the side.  So yummy.  I have been so happy with the meals that I need to get a day on my calendar to do this again.

Of course I have been in the sewing room as a stress reliever this week.  Check out my new blocks at My Dear Jane Experience.