Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's not sewing or cooking, but it had to be done.

You may recall that my summer to-do-list included cleaning up the garage.  That also meant changing the door on the refrigerator so it opened the other way.


And this area by the door just seemed very underutilized.


I am embarrassed to even share this photo.  I had been using a small plastic drawer unit from Walmart to store my tools.  It had been great for socks and underwear in my transitional apartment when I needed extra storage, but in the garage it just wasn't strong enough.


So I picked up a shelving unit at Lowe's that would be strong (350 lbs per shelf) and large enough to store all our stuff.


My inhibitors loved playing with the box, chasing each other in and out while I put the unit together.



Now it is in place and I am happy.  Notice I moved the refrigerator and wine storage so now I don't need to switch the door, yahoo!


I now have a "Loosen/Tighten" plastic bin with a lid for my screwdrivers and wrenches, a "Yard Work" bin for garden gloves, safety goggles, and orange flag markers, a "Fastener" bin with hammer, nails, and various tapes,   There is also a large bin for all the "Paint" stuff like sandpaper, brushes, primers, and such.


Oh, it just makes me happy.



Now that I have so much more available space over here now, I need to get out and make the area more organized for the tractor, chipper, and the other yard tools.  Some hooks on the wall for the spreader, bush wacker, and blower would be perfect.


Another day, though.  Maybe a day that doesn't reach 100 degrees.