Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul

You might have felt that the paintings I hung in the master bedroom yesterday looked a little familiar.


I know, I know.  I used the dust filled photo again.  Sorry.  Anyway, looking back at my Christmas photos you can see where these gems used to be.


I loved them in the dining room, but they really are better where they are now.  However, taking them from one spot to move to another just created a new problem; a new bare spot to fill.


Luckily I picked the right week to do my photo galleries.  Most stores have their frames on sale timed with graduations.  I was able to pick up lots of frames for my summer projects at 40% off.


The dinning room was not on my original list of summer projects, but it was going to drive me crazy looking at the bareness after having art on the walls before.  I had tossed around an idea about a year ago with my daughter-in-law, but put it on the back burner.  Now it was time to get to it.  I pulled out my stack of Wine Spectator Magazines, a gift subscription from our friend Matt when we moved into the house.


I picked out 5 whose covers had good color, cut off the cover, and mounted them inside some of the frames I bought.  I love that I could use something I already had and that the theme is perfect for a dining room.




Just like the last pictures, I won't hang these on the wall.  I have chosen to rest them on the ledge.


I like this because it doesn't put holes in the walls so I can change my mind about what I want here over time without needing to touch-up paint (a nightmare on dark colors like this).


I am very happy with this, but also with another gallery project.  I had a couple of my favorite "fog" pictures blown up to 11 x 14 and put them in a frames.



For now I am testing them out in the entry hall, sitting on the hall console.  I like the size, but I want to live with it awhile before getting out the hammer and nails.  What do you think?


My list is coming along nicely.  But don't worry.  It's not ALL about the list.  I have some cooking stuff planned for the end of the week.  Breck and I are having company over and I have been going through some old recipes and some new ones making a plan.