Sunday, June 17, 2012

Good Morning. It's Father's Day!

I would have called this post Father's Day, but I did that last year.  I can't believe I have been doing this blog for over a year now.  Time flies.  But back to the subject.

As you may know I live in the country.  Not so far out that the ice cream melts before I can get home from the grocery store, but close.  There have been many times here that I am reminded of the camping trips I took with my dad as a kid.  Camping was the first time I remember seeing a Coral snake (it was in a cage to show us what to look for) and going on a hike watching for Cottonmouths in the tall grass.  I found a sheep skull on a small mountain Texas hill while hiking once, and saw my first scorpion under a tire used to hold up a volleyball net.

When I see one of these things now I am reminded of those trips.  What wonderful experiences that no doubt played a role in the enjoyment and appreciation I have for all the natural beauty I am surrounded by every morning when I wake up and look out my window sipping coffee.  Thanks, dad.  I love you.

PS...  It's also probably explains why I have two-one man kayaks and not a two person canoe hanging in my garage.  Funny story for another day.