Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Day with Friends

Today I had the pleasure of sewing with friends.  Such a nice treat.  I spent the morning getting some blocks prepped to take to my friend Andrea's house so I would have some applique to work on.  The best container I could find was this old Aaron Brothers box that some steaks had come in several years back.


Everything I needed fit nicely.


Great box, and great steaks, too.


However, I did drool a bit over the tin that Jacque had her hand work in.  It was a cute little thing.  Andrea took notice and had an an extra tin that she gave me.


So adorable, don't you think?  My apologies.  The lighting for these shots is horrible.


And everything fits perfectly. with room to spare.  This will be wonderful to keep a hand work project in to carry with me.


This was not the only treat I received today.  This little bag from Quilt n Sew (great little shop in Katy, TX) is filled with 1930's fabric.


So bright and cheerful.  Thanks, Andrea.  I can't wait to get out my books and make a plan for this line.


I also got a lot of work done between chatting, lunch, and more chatting.  I started 4 blocks and finished 2 of them.


Finished
Finished


I need to finish these by June 30th to keep on track to complete 14 blocks a month.  Shouldn't be a problem.