Monday, May 14, 2012

More Wildlife

You know I love the wildlife around my house, so I just had to share this video I took of a strange Red Ear Turtle that was wandering in my front yard.  I say strange because his shell had a deformity; a large hump near the back, but not in the center.  I have sped up the time 2x.  After all, it is a turtle.


Did you see the car go by in the background?  That was Breck coming home from work and wondering what the heck I was looking at.  Here are a couple still shots that really show the hump.


He was good sized, about the size of a dinner plate.


I wish I had known at the time how to tell how old this guy is.  To do that I would have needed to turn him over and look at his breast plate.  He must have had a few years on him.  Next time.  One thing is for sure.  If he comes back I will know it is the same turtle.