Thursday, May 3, 2012

For Julia

When I published Getting Bigger about our baby Carolina Wrens, I was told that it made Julia "ooooooh and awwwwww."  I really wanted to get more pictures of the babies as they grew, knowing Julia (who just registered for Kindergarten) would love to see them.  When I went to get pictures today I found they were all ready to fly . . . and they did.  Right at me in the window.  I closed the window as quickly as I could, fearing they would end up in my guest room.  When I went outside to see if there were any babies left in the nest this is what I found.


Sorry, Julia.  The nest was empty.  The babies have all grown and will not let me close enough to them to get pictures any more.  I did get a couple shots of them in the trees, waiting for me to leave so they could go back to the nest.  Can you find them, Julia?







Once they felt safe, they returned to the nest.  I got this video of mama bringing them dinner.


Now I need to get some more seed in my feeder.  Soon these guys won't rely on mom to feed them.  I hope you liked the bird pictures, Julia.  I would love to see more of your fish pond.