Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Two New Projects

So far I have been keeping up with my goals on my Dear Jane quilt, which includes completing 14 new blocks each month.  I have enough done now that I have put them up on my design wall so I can see how the colors are coming together.


Usually the blocks would stick on their own, but since they are so small and have so many pieces they do not lay flat, needing pins to hold them in place.


This really depleted my stock of pins so I bought some more.  I took this as the perfect excuse to make a new pin cushion.  I found one I love on Pinterest ( see Cathedral Window Pincushion ) and knocked it out pretty quickly.  Love it.  Not my first Cathedral Window (see Halloween Cathedral Window and Halloween Cathedral Window Part II).


I found another idea on Pinterest for making my own camera bag (see Make it and Love It ).  The one I have is very small and does not hold my stuff well.


I bought this purse at Target today and plan to get to work on making the chambered insides this week.


Nice and roomy in there.  Plenty of space for my camera, lenses, filters, batteries . . .


I also am back to making some new blocks for Dear Jane.  Those will be added to my chart as I finish them.  14 every month.