Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spoon Salads are Awesome

I eat with a fork like most people.  It's a wonderful tool, really.  But what I really like is to eat with a spoon.   That includes salad.  Specifically, chopped salad.  Do you know what I mean?  The way all the ingredients are chopped into small little pieces of about equal size is just perfect to me.  I made a Southwestern Chopped Salad last night for dinner.  It went together so quickly with the help of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.  I found the recipe at Lauren's Latest.

Everything is made from scratch, including the dressing that binds it all together.  

sour cream, mayo, lime juice, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning
I found since I was halving her recipe, I really only needed half of the rotisserie chicken which left the other half for dinner another time.


All the rest of the ingredients were crisp and fresh tasting which made for a wonderful salad for a warm evening.


And yes, I could eat it with a spoon.


Go to Lauren's blog to view her recipe, but I am posting her ingredient list here.

Rotisserie chicken, green pepper, avocado, tomato, corn, black beans, hearts of Romaine, scallions (I used red onion), cilantro, and tortilla chips.

For the dressing: sour cream, mayo, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, lime, salt, and pepper.

Yep, I'll make this again.  Enjoy.