Friday, April 6, 2012

The Rose Emporium

If you have never been to The Antique Rose Emporium in Brenham, Texas you simply must go.


It's a nursery that sells many flowering plants and herbs, but also has a gorgeous selection of roses.


The garden paths go on and on.


The many out buildings on the property are a must see as well.  I especially liked the kitchen.  Yes, it was its own building.  These are historic and very old buildings.  One dates 1904!

Porch on the east side of the kitchen
Love how the doors open on both sides for ventilation
This cute little shed had a tin covered side porch.
This one isn't old, but it's fabulous!  I would love to have this in my backyard.  Can't you see this with some antique wood pane windows, copper gutters, and rain barrels?  I can.  Yes.  I can.

Want.
There is also a chapel, an old Victorian home, and a few other buildings I didn't get pictures of.  But people, just look at these flowers!







Since you know I have a thing for fences I think I'll slip a couple pictures of those in too.



They also had a pond (no Koi, darn it) and a small waterfall.


It really was a great place.  Believe it or not, it was wasn't our main destination of the day.