Saturday, April 7, 2012

My New Camera Bag

I posted last week that I had bought a purse from Target that I was going to use as a camera bag.  Simple bag, no divider on the inside, and it was on Clearance.  Always a plus.


There were some beautiful new fabrics at the local quilt store and I picked up a yard of something I thought would look great with my bag.  I was right.


I won't go into how I made my camera bag since the blog where I got the idea has a nice tutorial already.  You can see it at  Make It and Love It .


What do you think?  The Velcro dividers are perfect for protecting my camera and lenses and the whole insert is removable.  Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of the camera in the bag since I obviously needed it to get the shots I did.  You get the idea, though.


I also like how I can use the void space between my liner and the bag to tuck in my cords and other camera accessories.  I could also stash my wallet and keys there without scratching my camera if I would rather not carry two bags.


All in all I am very pleased with the bag, now having room for everything I need to store, and it is on the cute side if I do say so myself.


Next on my list is to make a cute, coordinating camera strap.  I got some ideas on how to sew one on Pinterest.  Surprise!