Monday, April 23, 2012

A Day at the Pond

I would love to tell you about a large pond near my house where we spent several hours of weekend.


I love this tree and its shadow on the water.


We brought the kayaks and took turns touring the area.  Trevor and T-Rex had an especially good time.  Here is how it went.

T-Rex loved the kayak ride
Then he jumped out and swam to shore
He shook himself off
Plunged back in.
Headed back to Trevor.

Where Trevor plucked him out of the water
This was a back and forth thing until we could keep T-Rex distracted long enough for Trevor to paddle well away from shore.  Meanwhile, there was some fishing going on.  EJ and Breck cast from the truck.


Jayne opted to hike around to another side.


I took a turn in the kayak.  It felt really good to be back in the water.


Here are a few more pictures I took.

Dead bushes that had grown up while the pond was dry during last year's drought.
One of several small coves.
Crane searching for minnows
Sunlight sparkles on the shallow shore.
Soft grass 
Dragonflies hanging on in a strong breeze.
At the end of the day, EJ and Jayne gathered more dewberries to take home.


Off course I needed to snap a picture of more spring wild flowers.

Winecup and White Clover
I didn't get photos of the horseshoe games with the guys, and Regan and me enjoying some reading in the sun, but you get the idea; we all had a great time.