Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wildflowers: Round 2

Jayne and I went for a nice 4 mile walk this morning while the breeze was still cool.  Luckily, I remembered my camera and was able to get some more photos of our Texas wildflowers in bloom.  These are all taken in my neighborhood, but not in my yard.  I will say I have a bit of fence envy now.  My husband has been wanting a fence and my walk today might just have convinced me to go for it.

Here is where we started.

1

4

5

See what I mean about the fences?  Lovely.

6

7

Just down the road was a mesquite tree in full bloom.

9

Thousands of fuzzy berries covered the branches.

11

10

I didn't have the right lens for close-ups, but I loved this bright pink flower and its buds (it's a pun, folks. The "buds" are actually on the flower next to it.  I assumed they were friends.)

14

The butterflies were hit-and-miss cooperative with my camera.  Jaynewill tell you I tried to photograph ALL the varieties we saw.

2

3

12

I just had to zoom in on these antenna.  Love the stripes.

13

We spent some time at this amazing little pond in the shade.  It was so beautiful.  I was surprised I did not get better photos, but there was not a lot of contrast in colors.  It was special for the feeling of peace and quiet and calm that it evoked.

15

16

And how about those big, blue eyes!  Love.

Dragonfly

It was a lovely morning, to say the least.