Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Pinterest Favorites

You all know I am a big fan of Pinterest.  I don't spend all my time browsing the boards, but I always find something good when I do.  Here are a few of my favorite pins.  We will start with a few Christmas ideas.

How to Make Cookie Cutters

This article has great ideas for making your own cookie cutter.  This would be great used with simple coloring book pictures to make cutters of palm trees, leaves, animals, or anything else.  I think leaves would be cute in the fall.







Pattern for Half Eaten Gingerbread Man

This comes from Elsie Marley's blog and is one of the cutest things I've seen.  I simply must make these as gifts for next year's cookie exchange party with my coworkers.














Now to the yard.

How To: Self-Watering Seed Starter Pots

I love to recycle, but I also love to reuse.  This idea from Skruben is wonderful.  I plan to do this using smaller drink bottles to start some gourds to transplant into the garden.














From Sunset Magazine

My backyard would be perfect for this set up.  I love everything about this: fire pit, rock seating, teak hot tub.  Yep.  Cut and Paste this right in and I will be a happy girl.













Tips for the home.

I can't get the original blog or website that this appeared on, but what a great tip.  Write on the top of the washing machine with a dry erase marker a description of the items being washed that SHOULD NOT go into the dryer.  Great idea.












Spring Cleaning

I wish I had learned this tip years ago.  The water stains on my shower controls have always driven me crazy.  This blogs before and after photos are quite convincing.  Besides, I love cleaning using natural ingredients.  Her blog, Broccoli Cupcake, has a lot of good tips.












I would be remiss if I did not give you a cooking example.

Coconut Chicken Tenders

This recipe from Savory Sweet Life is going to find it's way to my table real soon.  I love her photos and her recipes.  This chicken looks so good and may even make a great appetizer for a party on a short skewer.








Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes

There is nothing about this recipe I don't like.  I am especially partial to the individual servings.  Take a peek at . . . in sock monkey slippers to see some more of her wonderful recipes.








Goodness knows, I have a lot more.  I just wanted to give you a sampling of some of my favorites.  If you are not using Pinterest, you ought to take a peek.  If you are, do you have any favorite things?

If you would like to follow my pins and boards on Pinterest, click the button below.