Saturday, October 1, 2011

I NEED My Sewing Machine Back

Do you know that thing that happens in your brain when you have absolutely nothing planned, no where to go, but your car is in the shop?  How all of a sudden you feel trapped and can think of a hundred things you want to do that require a car?  I'm sure you do.  Well that is where I am today.  I could be doing so many other things with my time: gardening, cooking, cleaning, reading, napping, walking, movie watching, catalog perusing, and the list goes on.  But what I most want to do is sew.  Let me expound.

A friend talked me into making lanyards to sell to the teachers at my school.  Now, mind you, she did not need to try hard to convince me.  Today is the first day of October, and if I want to sell Halloween themed lanyards I really need to get on it.  I have the hardware, I have the fabric, I have the thread, I just don't have a machine.  I have done all the prep, though.  I cut a bunch of 2" strips of fabric this morning.


And I did all the pressing so they would be ready to sew.


I have threaded the hardware onto the fabric.


Now what?  Three options:  buy a cheap $100 machine at Walmart to get me through, borrow a machine from a friend who has offered (thanks, Amanda), or just wait it out.  Hmmmm.  I don't know how long the wait is but I know it will be too long and I would need to sell way too many lanyards to make my money back.  So do I borrow?  I'll let you know.

I have made it sound like sewing is the only thing I want to do.  It's close.  But I am taking care of my grandoggie over night and he is more than enough entertainment.  His name is TRex and he is adorable.  Just look at this video of him and my husband and you will see how cute he is.


Yep, good times.