Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Black Cat Pillow

With guests coming this weekend and my pumpkin pillow nowhere to be found I needed to switch gears and get to work on some new Halloween pillows.  I got the first of the two I need done after work today.  I made a Black Cat pillow with 2 - 8" squares of black fabric, 2 - 5" squares of black, 2 yellow buttons, 1 pink one, and white, pink and yellow embroidery thread.


I admit this is a simple pillow, but I don't have a lot of time and simple was perfect.  The only tricky part was the ears.  I folded the 5" square on the diagonal, then folded down the two points to make a square with a little fold down the center.  Once I sewed it in there were no raw edges to unravel.

I still need one more pillow, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.  In the mean time, I'm off to the kitchen to make a Spinach, Swiss, and Ham Quiche.  Yum.  I've made Quiche for the blog before.  That recipe can be found at Vodka Makes Everything Better.

Let me pass on one BIG tip for you blog searchers. It is is worth it.  Go to my labels and click on Cooking, for example, to search for quiche.


Now you can press Ctrl then F and a search box will pop up in the upper right corner.  Type in the word quiche.


This shows you I have used the word quiche 3 times.   Press the arrow button to fast forward to the words in the posts.


This works for other things as well.  Try it when you are searching on other websites, news articles, and email.  I think you will find it very helpful for a lot of things.