Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank you, Georgia!

I have been gathering photos of quilts I have made to put on my blog in the appropriately named "Quilts I Made" section.  I unfortunately did not have the foresight to take photos before giving them away.  My Mother-In-Law Marcia and Sister-In-Law Emily photographed projects that were sent to them over the past few years.  There are now 7 new ones posted for viewing if you are interested.  Thank you, Georgia, for the help.  Here is a sneak peek of one of my favorites.


I have photographs of others I have made, but nothing digital.  I'll need to make a trip to Houston soon so I can record those.

Other than spending time organizing photos on my computer and blog, I did a lot in the yard today.  Silly since it was 108 in the shade; and yes it felt like it.  But the yard looks great.  Pulled a lot of weeds and got rid of dead wood and branches with more than a little help from my yard helper.

                                               Before                                                 After
 Found two birds nest that I think belong to the cardinals.  One of the Red Bellied Sapsuckers (woodpecker) came to see what I was doing.  Not the best photo I have taken, but my zoom is horrible and she was skiddish.  I know she was female because the top of her head was blue/grey and a male's is red.  Photo was taken from my front door through the tempered glass so it has a green tint.  You can just make out the red stripe down the back of her head.


Here is a much better shot of a female by Clint at http://blog.catbirdnotes.com/ so you can get an idea of what a good picture of one looks like.


I did make it to town to buy a new mop (hooray!) and the backing fabric for Crackers.  Perfect match if I do say so myself.  Got lucky, really.  Kracken approved.



Tomorrow I work so I'm not sure what I will post.  It will be news for us all.  Thank you all for following me this summer.  Please vote in this weeks poll if you have not already.  I may work the results into a theme for the week.