Well, I did it. After promising I was close for so long I am finally past close and all the way to done. Crackers is complete. I finished it during my lunch break yesterday.
All in all it was quite the learning (or should I say relearning) experience. I did not realize how much I had forgotten when I did not use my sewing machine for a year while moving. I know I need more practice with my free-motion work to smooth out my curves so they don't have flat sides. I got better as the quilt went on, but still I need some work. I was very pleased with the way my chain of daises came out. I think it was a good choice with the flowers on the fabric.
Looks good from the back also. The variegated thread was the right choice even though it gave me so many problems.
I really do need to make some pillow covers now to match. Something with a touch of black will be perfect. I have fabric left over so may be I'll get to the this weekend.
Hooray, one more quilt for my gallery. At this point I know I still have 14 quilts out there that I have given as gifts that I still need pictures of. If you know you are one of them, send me some photos and I will get them posted. Thank you all.
I admit I am having trouble with the Wedding Purse pattern. I am a visual learner and pictures of her steps would be very helpful here. I am not sure I understand what she wants me to do, but I will give it a try and see if I can learn by doing. I plan to work on that a bit after work today.