Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Productive Lunch Break

Well, I did it.  After promising I was close for so long I am finally past close and all the way to done. Crackers is complete.  I finished it during my lunch break yesterday.



All in all it was quite the learning (or should I say relearning) experience.  I did not realize how much I had forgotten when I did not use my sewing machine for a year while moving.  I know I need more practice with my free-motion work to smooth out my curves so they don't have flat sides.  I got better as the quilt went on, but still I need some work.  I was very pleased with the way my chain of daises came out.  I think it was a good choice with the flowers on the fabric.


Looks good from the back also.  The variegated thread was the right choice even though it gave me so many problems.


I really do need to make some pillow covers now to match.  Something with a touch of black will be perfect.  I have fabric left over so may be I'll get to the this weekend.


Hooray, one more quilt for my gallery.  At this point I know I still have 14 quilts out there that I have given as gifts that I still need pictures of.  If you know you are one of them, send me some photos and I will get them posted.  Thank you all.

I admit I am having trouble with the Wedding Purse pattern.  I am a visual learner and pictures of her steps would be very helpful here.  I am not sure I understand what she wants me to do, but I will give it a try and see if I can learn by doing.  I plan to work on that a bit after work today.