Monday, August 29, 2011

Did I Mention I Love Halloween?

It's never too early to start getting ready for the holidays.  I'm not talking about Christmas in July.  I mean Halloween in August.  I guess there is not much difference really.  But when you are making all your decorations you must get an early start.

I've told you that I have the Halloween quilt ready and one Halloween Cathedral Window pillow, but I need more.  I printed a coloring book page from the internet (yes that is allowed) and used it to make the center of a pillow I plan to put in the blue chair in the guest room.  I taped it to my clear plastic ruler to ready it for tracing.


I held it over a lamp with no shade so I could see through it and taped my fabric over the coloring page.


Magic blue pen (water soluble)


Some embroidery thread and back stitching and I have a great center for a pillow.


Now I need to pick some fabric and make a design.


I also want to share this photo with you.  Look close.


That's a Timber Rattler.  Absolutely gorgeous coloring.  I think the heat really slowed him down or he never would have let me get this close (no lectures, please).  He's making a bee line for my herb garden.