Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Answering a Few Questions

The Halloween pillow for the guest room chair is finished.  It was nice to use up some more of my stash.  I didn't put the cover on the pillow, just laid it in place, but you get the idea.



I guess I only need 1 more bed pillow and some other character pillow.  May be another owl?

I also want to clear up or expound on some of my earlier posts that I have received questions about.

  • The blue pen I use to mark my fabric is made by Wrights.   You can buy it at most sewing centers.  To see more about this pen click here.  It runs under $3.
  • The Timber Rattlesnake is a protected species in the state of Texas.  You cannot kill them or keep them as pets (class C misdemeanor, $500 fine).  To read more about the snake them click here.
  • Vodka used in pie crust leaves no flavor.  The reason to use it is to provides moisture,  making the dough easy to work with, but evaporates to make a crisp crust.  However, if you taste the crust before cooking you will taste it.  Flavored vodka (untested by me yet) may leave the flavoring but no alcohol taste.  The recipe is from the November 2007 Cook's Illustrated Magazine.  Click here to see original recipe.
  • Light boxes for tracing are wonderful.  You do not need anything fancy, but having your work horizontal is much more stable than using a window.  You can use the glass from a picture frame, by removing the picture and positioning the frame/glass between chairs with a lamp below.  I would not leave the fabric with blue pen ink over the lamp for extended time as I am unsure if the heat would set the ink.  I have not had a problem, but my tracing takes little time.
  • My projects, for the most part, since starting this blog have not cost much money.  I have mostly used items I already had around the house.
  • The amount of time it takes to post varies depending on how many photos I put in.  I find I can have my post up in between 30 minutes to 60.  
  • My blog has so far been viewed in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Great Britain, Germany, India, Russia, and Italy.
  • Yes, I will consider all requests for posts!
Any other questions out there?  I'll be glad to answer if I can.  And feel free to Facebook share my blog if you are enjoying it using the Facebook button on the bottom right side.  All shares are appreciated.